Purpose-Driven Planning

A few days ago, I mentioned that I had won an award for writing an essay on the purpose of urban and regional planning. I am still grateful for the recognition, and glad that I had the opportunity to thank Tirrell Black, the Book Scholarship Subcommittee Chair, personally after a planning education event.

Today, I'm releasing the essay to the public to give it the opportunity to provide a new perspective on the public planning function. It is by no means the only possible purpose and I do not know to what extent this perspective is held by others. However, it is a purpose that resonates strongly within me, and I anticipate that it will inform my personal planning context quite strongly.

In order to have it be around for a while, I have published it as a permanent page on this blog. You can find it (at the time of the writing of this blog entry) on the top of the right hand column. But, you can also find the 547-word "The Purpose of Urban and Regional Planning" on that finely crafted link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an interactive blog for people interested planning in the Spokane region or planning in general.