Thank you, Inland Empire Section

Last quarter I submitted an essay to the Inland Empire Section of the Washington Chapter of the American Planning Association for their annual Student Book Award. Today, I'd like to publicly thank the IES for selecting my essay, "The Purpose of Urban and Regional Planning," as the first place entry. I am honored.

The essay contest is called the "Student Book Award" because the prize is a gift certificate to Spokane's EWU Bookstore. So far, I have purchased three textbooks, one for each of my classes this quarter, on the $500 prize. I may be able to purchase two more for next quarter.

Model Subdivision Regulations
Model Subdivision
Regulations
The books contain information about how to analyze policy similar to Lindblom's interpretation of the rational planning process, the law regarding the creation of subdivision ordinances, and how people perceive and react to the urban environment. I anticipate they will all be useful when I reflect upon the various functions within the planning profession.



So, thank you very much, IES members, for your assistance in my education. I hope I can return the favor someday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you won the contest, Brian! It's nice to know these things go to deserving folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I was deserving, but the excuse to think about it was helpful and it was nice to get "Model Subdivision Regulations" for free. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is an interactive blog for people interested planning in the Spokane region or planning in general.