Changes for a New Year

Happy New Year! After my first quarter as a graduate student and a heavy quarter of blogging about issues related to planning, I've learned a great deal about both the activity of planning and the activity of blogging. Some observations:
  1. Planning comes in many styles and planning theory has much to say about "how things ought to be."
  2. The blog stats seem to indicate that when someone stumbles upon the blog, they'll read several entries, but not ones with dates on them.
  3. I only rarely receive comments.
So, I'm going to make some changes around here. First, I'll be writing about what I've learned about planning theory and the activity called "community development." I have lots of articles I've read about planning activities around the country and around the world, and I'll abstract them for you in a way that I hope is interesting and applicable to our corner of the planet. Also, I will be changing "Four the Future" to have a theme, usually, and the theme will be in the name of the blog entry.

But, most importantly, I want to hear from you to find out what kinds of content you're most interested in. How can I make this blog better for you? As I've mentioned in another place, the product I want to create for this blog is "Knowledge and Hope." How can I best do that for you? The comment button is right down there, and I'd be grateful to see any observations you may have.

OK, that's it for now. Thanks for a great 2010, and I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an interactive blog for people interested planning in the Spokane region or planning in general.